I created this blog to put an end to people telling me I had my hands full. Having twins isn’t a punishment, it really is a blessing. I may joke sometimes about the challenges we face (like my recent post about taking multiple children out solo), but I know that I’m super lucky to be a twin mum.
In honour of my gorgeous twin boys, who are growing up to be cheekier every day, here’s my list of the cutest things about my 4.5yo twins.
The cutest things about twins
1) They still end up in each other’s bed most nights. After we’ve read them a story, they have to play with their cars and read books together in T2’s bed.
2) If one twin has a tantrum and I start to walk off and pretend to leave them behind while we’re out, the other twin will scream and demand I don’t leave their brother.
3) They don’t cry when I leave them at pre-school or the childminder as they are with their best friend which gives them a huge sense of confidence. And I’ve never felt guilty about dropping them off in a way I have with my daughter (you can read about the differences between raising twins and singleton), because I knew they’d look out for one another.
4) They play together so well. It’s lovely to watch as they are so different, yet they somehow manage to find common interests and get really engrossed in one another’s company. It’s like they have their best friend living with them 24/7. And at the moment, they don’t fight that often (although now that I’ve said that out loud I’m sure I’ve just ruined everything!)
5) It is the cutest thing in the world to hear them fighting, as it always ends with “you’re not my bestest friend in the world anymore”. A minute later they’re having a cuddle and making up, and agreeing that they really are the bestest friends in the whole wide world after all.
What are the cutest things about your little ones? x