A big thank you to butwhymummywhy for tagging me on this meme. I’m a big fan of top tens – High Fidelity is one of my favourite books. A task like this is just what I need when I’ve got loads of work to do and a house that hasn’t seen a duster in at least two weeks – maybe if I hide on the computer for long enough then Husband will sort out the house in my absence? I can but dream…
Hmmm. Ten things you didn’t know about Tales of a Twin Mum? I reveal a lot in the ‘About me’ section so this is tough. Ok, let’s give it a shot.
- I’m a qualified open water diver and I love to snorkel. That feeling of dipping your head beneath the water and entering another world is awesome. I adore the sea and have spent hours in the water with turtles and sharks. I get very upset to hear about overfishing, the unnecessary killing of sea creatures and the decimation of coral reefs. Grrr *pulls a menacing face*
- I’m an obsessive Manic Street Preachers fan. It began almost 20 years ago when I was just 15 and since then I’ve lost count how many times I’ve seen them (maybe 40 or 50?!) I’m still a little bit in love with James Dean Bradfield and if he turned up on my doorstep and confessed his undying love for me, Hubby might have a problem on his hands…
- I live in the south but it doesn’t really feel like home. I love the northern attitude – sorry to all you southerners – but it feels friendlier and less showy up there. I’m a true northerner but it’s bloody freezing up there which cancels out all of the above. So for now the south is where I live.
- I’ve travelled the world with the sole purpose of seeking out the ultimate beach and lagoon. I’ve visited around twenty countries in this pursuit. Where is best I hear you say? There are too many to mention – Bora Bora has the most stunning lagoon and some awesome white powder beaches, Rarotonga’s Muri beach is pretty special, and Exmouth in Western Australia is one of the most exciting beach locations in the world thanks to the Ningaloo Reef and, if you time it right, you can swim with the whale sharks while you’re there. Unfortunately we didn’t and we missed them 🙁
- I have size 3 feet. This means I get the pick of all the lovely tiny shoes in the sales.
- I don’t like cheese. Well, technically that’s not true – I like it on pizzas and melted on pasta bakes but I couldn’t ever bring myself to eat a piece of raw cheese. Never ever. It’s the texture and smell. Eugh. And yes, technically I did just make up the word ‘raw’ cheese.
- I’m intolerant to dairy. It means I get sick if I gorge on ice cream but I can eat a bit here and there. That’s probably why I have an aversion to cheese too.
- Having twins never crossed my mind. There are none to speak of in my family (possibly some distant relatives lost a twin way back on my family tree) but there is no-one I actually know in my family with twins. Non identicals run down the female line – it’s genetic. So if you think there is no chance you could have twins, think again. They need to start somewhere. Also identical twins are completely random and can happen to anybody. So it could just as easily be you with two babies!
- I’ve seen every episode of Lost. I got up in the middle of the night to watch the finale and I cried. I LOVE LOST and my life feels a little bit empty without it.
- I love the night sky and have a particular knack at spotting satellites. I’m fascinated with the scale of the universe and the fact that light we can see now comes from a star which may have died billions of years ago. I wish I had the time to study it – maybe one day when life is less busy I’ll do an Open University astronomy course. I’m a bit disappointed that at school you were pigeon holed into being a creative or a scientific as I think I’d have been ok at both.
So, there you go. That’s me. I’m thinking that I come across as a weird, obsessive traveller type now I’ve read it back which sounds about right.
Now it’s my turn to find somebody else who doesn’t have time to blog and tag them, which means by blog-law they have to complete the task. If they don’t I shall be sending motherventing over with her butterfly net as I don’t have one.
The following people are now marked…