My beautiful boys turned two last week. I can’t believe how the time has flown, yet it feels like they’ve always been in my life. To celebrate, I’ve created a new meme that was not only influenced by my gorgeous family, but also a recent blog post by Tania from Larger Family that referred to a quote in the press:
Having twins is hard work, but it’s a blessing – not a burden. Whether we’re in the middle of tantrums or sleep problems, not a moment goes by that I don’t cherish how lucky I am to have had two babies at once. So here is my ode to my snoggable little boys…
Top five special things about multiples
Everyone knows the obvious things, like having two means they have a play-partner (who doubles up as their partner in crime) but there are so many reasons why multiples are a treat, not a burden. Here are just five of them:
1) When I go to tuck them in at night before I go to bed, I often find that T1 has crept into bed with T2. It’s the cutest thing ever. I love that they’ve always got each other.
2) I get double the cuddles. There is nothing more satisfying after a long day than sitting on the sofa with one snuggled under each arm watching Peppa Pig. And when one comes to give me a big sloppy kiss, the other gets jealous and gives me an even bigger one.
3) Having two babies/toddlers may mean double the chores, but having two children means they happily play together while I nip out to put the washing on or get tea ready without needing to cling to my leg while I’m trying to do it.
4) Having multiples turns you into a local celebrity. You can’t go into town without being stopped constantly by people checking if they’re twins and telling you about their sister, friend or mother who had a set. It’s a win win situation – they get a smile from your babies (which makes their day) and you get told how beautiful your offspring are and how well-rested you look (even when you look terrible).
5) Everyone knows that having a newborn baby is hard work. When people realise you have more than one to look after you gain a serious level of hardcore (and well-deserved) respect.
There are so many more amazing things about having multiples but I’ve got to let some other people have a go. So, I’m going to tag the following lovely twin mums to come up with their top five special things about multiples. And if anyone reading this post has more to add to my list, please leave your comments below because thinking about how lucky I am to have twins makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Tania at Larger Family
Trouble’s Mum at Trouble Doubled
Kerry at Multiple Mummy
Anthea at Blue Bear Wood
Rebecca at Here Come the Girls
Michelle at Mummy From the Heart
Heather at Young and Younger